[Mailman-Users] Incorrect Hostname Appearing in mailto address

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Apr 28 19:51:50 CEST 2008

Lynn, Michael (A&E) wrote:

> Let's call the host's primary DNS entry "uglyhostname" and we'll call
> the desired hostname alias for mailman "lists".

And you set up "lists" to be a CNAME alias record pointing to
"uglyhostname", right?  Well, don't do that.

Make sure that "lists" resolves directly to the correct IP address, and that
the reverse DNS for that IP address also points back to "lists" as well as
"uglyhostname".

Search the archives for "CNAME" if you need more details as to why this is
the case.  There might also be a FAQ Wizard entry on this subject.