[Mailman-Users] Send to select subscribers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 28 16:48:37 CEST 2008

John Fleming wrote:

>I have a user asking if there is a way to send to selected list subscribers?  He wants to send a message to about 100 subscribers.  I don't think Mailman can do that from the members web page.  Any other ideas?

He could set up a separate list, or if there are only a few
'non-recipients', he could disable their delivery, post and then
re-enable their delivery. If he didn't want the post archived, he can
supress archiving by putting an "X-No-Archive:" or an "X-Archive: no"
header in the post. It has to be a real header; a pseudo header in the
body won't work.