[Mailman-Users] Need capability of link to archived messages

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Apr 17 20:55:25 CEST 2008

Darren G Pifer wrote:

> I don't have time myself to work something up so I am dependent on
> others for this.  If you can do this, this will help us out greatly and
> I suppose others who could use this functionality.

As it currently exists, Mailman can't do this because the archiving function
happens after the message is sent out to the subscribers, and therefore
Mailman cannot know in advance what the URL would be.  If you move the
archiving function earlier in the pipeline, then you could know what the URL
is when you send out the message.

But I still think that what you really need is a proper document management
system with an e-mail interface.  Using Mailman for this function is just
.... well, maybe not quite "Wrong" with-a-capital-W, but it's certainly not
what Mailman was designed for.