[Mailman-Users] Need capability of link to archived messages

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 17 19:45:51 CEST 2008

Darren G Pifer writes:

 > The issue was no such much the moderator had to approve the message
 > because of the size but the fact that the e-mail messages to the list
 > are rather large.

This stripping would be almost trivial except that it's difficult to
predict what the URL would be (archiving is done asynchronously).  If
you can predict what the URL will be, then I believe it would be a few
lines of Python to demote the body (ie, the log's text) to a MIME part
before passing it to the archiver.  At that point you use the
stripping function in the archiver.  Finally, after the archiver gets
it, you remove that MIME part, too, and substitute the URL.

If logs are submitted to the system at reasonably long intervals, it
should be possible to predict the URL with sufficient accuracy.

I gather you're not in a hurry, maybe I can take a hack at this over
the weekend.  It would be helpful to know the pattern with which logs
are generated at your site.