[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.10rc1 has been released

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 17 06:07:14 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > BTW, it's not our responsibility to do anything other than patch the
 > Mailman source distribution.

I think you've missed at least part of Jim's point ...

 > Then you can decide which of our changes to cherry pick into your
 > own running servers, and easily merge in your own customization.

Ayup, I do think you did.  Over his boss's dead body he will ....

The two points he wants, I think, are

(1) the certification that comes with an Official Release, and

(2) Minimal Change (addressing *only* the security issues) from the
current Official Stable Release.  Maybe even a patch for the previous
O.S.R., since many people give a release a bit of time to shake down.

*How* those changes get into his installation are (at this point) a
secondary concern.

Jim?