[Mailman-Users] Again on HTML emails

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Thu Apr 17 02:56:57 CEST 2008

   Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:54:27 +0100 (BST)
   From: "Giulio Troccoli" <giulio at troccoli.it>

   I need to send HTML email, or better I need to be able to do so. I've read
   a lot of posts that say how to prevent HTML emails to be sent, but I can't
   seem to be able to set mailman to accept them.

You've gotten some technical responses, so I will just chime in with my
fellow-user one.  I do not have any of the content filters on and HTML
posts come through my list with zero problems.  I do get that "attachment
was scrubbed" bizzareness which is just the footer.  But the body of the
message is fine and all the HTML markup is intact.

My suggestion to you is to set up a test list on your system.  Hopefully
you're not somewhere where you have to pay per list.  But if you're running
MM on your server or you are at an ISP that lets you have multiple lists,
set up one that only you are on (or ask some people from your list to be
testers and join it).

Start with the list defaults (you can change membership settings and stuff
like that) and send your HTML post.  See if it comes through okay.  If it
doesn't, then there is a problem with the MM installation or mailer
software on your server.  If it does, then make changes to content filters
one at a time to see where the problem starts.  I'm assuming that is what
is wrong; maybe it is something else.

Cyndi