[Mailman-Users] Need capability of link to archived messages

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Wed Apr 16 17:29:35 CEST 2008

Hello,

We have a list that we use for keeping backup logs and sometimes these
logs get rather large.  The list is moderated and sometimes the size of
the message goes beyond the "Maximum length in KB of message body" which
requires approval. The owner of the list wanted to know, as I do, is it
possible to get the e-mail of the message but the message contain an
embedded URL to the stored archive instead an e-mail message with the
log?  I am not sure but it sounds to me like some sort of webmail app to
me is needed.  Is this capability in Mailman or has someone modified
Mailman to include this sort of functionality?

FYI, we are using Mailman version 2.1.9.  I see that Mailman v2.1.10RC
is out now, not that it matters.

Darren
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA