[Mailman-Users] How to change all subscribers config

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 14 17:18:59 CEST 2008

Judy Angel wrote:

>How do I change all subscribers to a list from plain to mime
>How do I change all subscribers to a list from digest to non-digest?

If you are going to set them all to 'non-digest', the plain/mime
setting is irrelevant. However, there are a bunch of example withlist
scripts at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/> and
<http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/>).

Assuming you have access to the command line interface, look at the
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_unhide.py> script. Change

    for member in mlist.getMembers():
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.ConcealSubscription, 0)

    for member in mlist.getMembers():
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DisableMime, 0)
    for member in mlist.getDigestMemberKeys():
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.Digests, 0)

and then save and run it as described in the script.