[Mailman-Users] can't get "open" list to work

bergenpeak at comcast.net bergenpeak at comcast.net
Sat Apr 12 17:36:59 CEST 2008

All of the tests below where based on a user sending a mail with "subscribe" to the mail distro list-xyz at domain.com.  If I instead have the user send the subscribe message to list-xyz-request at domain.com, they get added to the distro without confirmation or approver interaction.

Ok, that's the behavior that I want but are the two different behaviors expected?   Specifically, the "open" list mechanism only operates as "open" if you send mail to the "-request" list?

It looks when messages are sent to the main list (with subscribe as subject), they are correctly being identifed as admin in nature, but flagged for approval whereas the list is defined as open for subscriptions.

Thanks

From: Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>