[Mailman-Users] Changing mm_cfg.py for existing lists

Jussi Hirvi greenspot at greenspot.fi
Mon Apr 7 12:22:58 CEST 2008

Hi, list,

The problem I'm trying to solve is that Hotmail (and probably msn.com) do
not accept our Mailman emails - this seems to be a new phenomenon. The error
code is "too many recipients". From other sources I assume that Hotmail now
accept sonly max 9 recipients per one request, while Mailman's default
maximum is 500.

I try to solve this by adding
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 9
to my mm_cfg.py.

After Mailman restart, this seems to have no effect on existing lists - like
I expected.

Apparently I should use withlist - but how?

BTW, this is my first posting to the list.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland