[Mailman-Users] PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER directive ignored

Mark Heer MHeer at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 2 22:13:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

I can run the following ssh from the command line and it works, yet when I set the config for external archive mailman is ignoring the config option and attempts to archive on the local machine.  After I updated mm_cfg.py I did a mailmanctl restart
and restarted mailman from rc3.d dir.
I have a key on the receiving machine which utilizes the $SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND environment variable to handle %listname and update the proper directories.

mm_cfg.py:
PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'ssh -e none -i $HOME/.ssh/archkey mailman at sbuild6 %(listname)s'
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'ssh  -e none -i $HOME/.ssh/archkey mailman at sbuild6 %(listname)s'

error log:
return Mailbox.Mailbox(open(afn, 'a+'))
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/test1.mbox/test1.mbox'

Any idea why mailman is ignoring the EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER instruction?

Thanks,

Mark