[Mailman-Users] alias question...

Dov Oxenberg boxenberg at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 05:44:11 CEST 2008

Here is the line from my main.cf:
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
The results of my ls -l, which by the way I had looked at earlier also and neglected to mention, are illustrated in the attached screen shot.
I see the system thinks the group membership is root rather than list, is that about right?
Yes, I am logged in as root both in the gui and ssh.
Ok, this is just too weird...I did chgrp etc. and then ls -l again and it it made no difference, group membership did not get changed.
Well, as was said, "...the game is afoot Watson...."
Have to look into this and figure out what is going on.
Thanks again for your help!
Dov