[Mailman-Users] Beginner questions

Chris Arnold carnold at electrichendrix.com
Sun Sep 30 22:14:58 CEST 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>

>>> This did not let me use @192.168.x.x as it is complaining about the
>>> syntax (not a .whatever)
>>>

>> You have to put the IP in square brackets as I did in my example.
>>

> I did, it does not like that format and will not let me add it like that
>

>>> I have gotten an answer from the zimbra forums on how to achieve this:
>>> http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Split_Domain
>>> In the section
>>>

>>>  Configuring Zimbra as the Primary System
>>>
>>> I need to follow those steps for every email address that needs to be
>>> routed to the mailman system.
>>>

>> Yes, but that seems to be the correct solution as long as the mail
>> can't be routed to the mailman machine directly via DNS.
>>

> LOL, Mark, can we take this off-list as i am getting more and more
> confused? I have aim, skype and yahoo IM? Do you have any of those IM's?

OK, i have setup an email account on the main mail server like
list at lists.domain.tld. I have subscribed to the list from my gmail
account and am trying to send mail from gmail to the
list at lists.domain.tld list. The good news is that my emails are NOT
bouncing back to the gmail account as undelivered. However, i am not
getting an email at my gmail account of the email i sent to the list. I
should be getting that email back to the gmail account, right?