[Mailman-Users] Beginner questions

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Sep 30 05:00:01 CEST 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Heres where i am not understanding:
>
>if
>list mail is going first to the maim mail server machine, then it
>needs to be told to relay all 10 addresses per list to the Mailman
>machine.
>
>I don't see how to do that on my mailserver. I can forward to email
>addresses but i dont see how to forward to a machine.

If I understand correctly from your prior posts, this is a zimbra
configuration question that I can't answer.

However, can you forward to an address at an IP instead of a domain.
I.e. mail to listname at example.com goes to the main mail server and
gets forwarded to listname@[192.168.0.2] (or whatever the IP of the
Mailman machine is)? With some MTAs, you'd need to specifically allow
domain literals for this to work. I don't know if any incantation is
required for Postfix or what it would be.

Alternatively, you can use aliases to deliver to a local mailbox on the
main mail server, and use something like fetchmail on the Mailman
machine to retrieve mail from the mail server mailbox and deliver it
to Postfix.