[Mailman-Users] hacking mailman.po

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 11:09:46 CEST 2007

Hello,

2007/9/28, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>:
> >What are my options when I need to edit some text within
> >/usr/local/mailman/messages/uk/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.pl?
> I assume you mean /usr/local/mailman/messages/uk/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po.

Yes, my typo, sorry!

> >I just want to delete 3 lines:
> >
> >"            <p>You can now\n"
> >"            <a href=\"%(optionsurl)s\">proceed to your membership login\n"
> >"            page</a>."

OK - I do not really want people to be looking at their membership
page. I have monthly distribution lists (not discussion ones) and I
just want to make sure people have links to my custom opt-in, opt-out
pages. That's all. However, when people confirm subscription via web,
they see then the above text. If I cannot delete it, can I just change
it into anything else (like a thank you note or whatever)? Of course I
need to do the same with the Polish translation. English and Polish
are the only languages that are of interest to me at the moment.

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot