[Mailman-Users] First time install

Chris Arnold carnold at electrichendrix.com
Fri Sep 28 19:28:11 CEST 2007

OK, i have installed mailman-2.1.9 from source on SLES10 SP1. I installed to the default /usr/local/mailman. I am walking through the doc completely and i make it to
13 Create your first mailing list

For more detailed information about using Mailman, including creating and configuring mailing lists, see the Mailman List Adminstration Manual. These instructions provide a quick guide to creating your first mailing list via the web interface:

    * Start by visiting the url http://my.dom.ain/mailman/create.

Well, the above link brings up a 404 page not found. Here is a section of my apache2 2.2.3 default-server.conf file:
ScriptAlias /mailman/* "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"

# "/srv/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin">
	AllowOverride None
	Options +ExecCGI -Includes
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

This should allow me to visit http://my.dom.ain/mailman/create right? I have stopped and started apache2 without any errors. I have not stopped or restarted my email server as of yet but this should not stop me from getting to http://my.dom.ain/mailman/create. Can anyone help?

Chris