[Mailman-Users] Beginner questions

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Sep 28 08:14:47 CEST 2007

On 9/27/07, Chris Arnold wrote:

>  Hello all! I would like to run mailman 2.1.9 at my site. I have a web
>  server with apache2 and a mailserver with zimbra; these are 2 different
>  servers. Where do i install mailman? On the apache2 server or on the
>  mailserver, or does it matter which one? Please excuse my novice-ness.

You could set it up in either place, but it might make more sense to
set it up on the webserver, and have the mail server configured to
forward all mail for those addresses over to the appropriate machine.

You will need to control your alias definitions in some way, whether
that's through Zimbra or through the automated methods that Mailman
makes available.  However, which solution you choose will depend on
what software you have and which method you prefer.