[Mailman-Users] Return-Receipt and Outlook 12.0

Kevin J Dunlap kevin at Dunlap.Org
Fri Sep 21 22:27:15 CEST 2007

I am seeing "Uncaught bounce notification" e-mail from my Mailman 2.1.9.
The unhandled message looks like a "return-receipt" for a read of an orginal
e-mail sent thru a list managed by Mailman.

I have looked at the header of the e-mail that the reader is sending the
receipt too.  There is no "Return-Receipt" in the e-mail header.
Thanks to Cleanse.py it is striped out.

The orginal e-mail is generated by "Microsoft Outlook 12.0"
and the e-mail client generating the receipt is :

Is anyone else seeing "Return-Recipt" e-mail generating uncought bounce notification e-mail?

Is MS hiding "return-receipt" inside another field, like X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:

Thanks,
-Kevin