[Mailman-Users] List Subscription Error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Sep 20 18:13:40 CEST 2007

M. Onur ERGiN wrote:

>Using the list_pending script, I can see the emails which requested membership and pending for confirmation. But still, the subscribers don't receive any confirmation emails. And neither smtp, nor smtp-failure log nothing. Qmail (which is working fine) doesn't log anything related to this, either.
>
>So, can you recommend anything but a reinstall?

OK. What we know is everything looks as it should except users don't
receive the subscription confirmation email and it appears Mailman
isn't sending it (no relevant entries in smtp* logs).

Look at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>
sections 1b, 5b and 8.

Is VirginRunner running?

Are there files in the virgin/ queue?

Are there any unusual messages in the qrunner log relating to
VirginRunner?