[Mailman-Users] Mailman charset problems

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Sep 19 23:26:41 CEST 2007

Pál Viktor writes:

 > I have a problem with the mailman web interface output.
 > I use the hungarian translation, which should be generated as an
 > ISO-8859-2 html file, but it generates an UTF-8 output.
 > I have checked the text files which are related to the web output and
 > they are all in ISO-8859-2.

I seem to recall that this is a known bug, and I believe it was fixed
after Mailman 2.1.5.  You should see if there is a more recent version
of mailman packaged by Ubuntu.  The fix may be fairly recent, and
there are known security problems fixed in each revision.  You should
get the most recent version available, currently 2.1.9.