[Mailman-Users] Problem with URL host installing v2.1.9

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Sep 19 00:28:02 CEST 2007

Rob Tanner wrote:

>This is a new install and not an update.  I first ran configure with no
>options and then built/installed mailman.  Then I reran configure with
>the argument: --with-urlhost=www.linfield.edu.  I also verified
>Defaults.py: DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.linfield.edu'.  The problem is that
>the banners (stuff in the blue bar at the top of the page) all show the
>host name of the machine and not the URL host.

If you created the list(s) before rerunning configure and make install,
you now need to run fix_url
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.069.htp>.

>Also, how do I give myself the authority to create lists from the web as
>opposed to running newlist from the command line.  Whenever I try I get
>an error back saying that I'm not authorized.

You have to provide either the Mailman installation site password or
the Mailman installation list creator password in the "List creator's
(authentication) password:" box on the form. Both these passwords are
set via the command line tool bin/mmsitepass.