[Mailman-Users] Allowing attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Sep 18 16:56:56 CEST 2007

Paul Hepp wrote:

>What is the correct way to set a Mailman list to allow attachments. I
>would like to only allow .pdf's. My attemps make me believe I am
>missing a setting.

In content filtering, use the following:

filter_mime_types
  empty

pass_mime_types
  multipart
  message/rfc822
  text/plain
  application/pdf

add text/html to the above list if you want to accept html and possibly
convert it to plain text

filter_filename_extensions
  doesn't matter as long as it doesn't contain pdf

pass_filename_extensions
  pdf or empty

pdf will mean that any mime part that has a file name or name parameter
with an extension will be removed if the extension is not 'pdf'. This
will also remove any text/plain attachment with a 'txt' or other
extension which may not be what you want, so leaving this empty is
probably what you want.

collapse_alternatives
  If you want to keep only the text/plain subpart from a
multipart/alternative part with text/plain and text/html subparts, set
this to Yes. If you want to keep it as multipart/alternative with both
subparts, set this to No.

convert_html_to_plaintext
filter_action
  as desired.