[Mailman-Users] admin user passwords

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Sep 10 21:56:05 CEST 2007

Chris Waltham wrote:

>On Sep 7, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> Chris Waltham wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to change a list admin's password in 2.0.x? My
>>> version (2.0.12) lacks a change-pw command.
>>

>> I have no experience with Mailman prior to 2.1.4, but from the
>> code, it
>> appears that you change the password at the bottom of the General
>> Options page in the web admin interface.
>
>Yes, but it looks like you have to know what the current password is
>before you can change it to a new password. I'll try inserting the mm
>site admin password in there (because I don't know what this list's
>specific password is), otherwise I can just hang on until I get to
>2.1.x.

Yes, you can use the site password where it asks for the current
password.

In short, whatever password you used to get to the General Options page
in the first place will also work as the current password for a
password change (and if you use the site password, it will still
change the list password, not the site password).