[Mailman-Users] Newbie Question: Can`t send mails to my list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Sep 9 22:46:26 CEST 2007

Kai Behncke wrote:

>I think I will try a complete new installation of mailman and sendmail to have "fresh systems".
>
>Are there reasons against compiling with "apt-get install mailman/sendmail" ?
>Would it be better to try with downloading source-code /configure /make /make install ?

As far as Mailman and the mailman-users at python.org list are concerned,
it is always better to install from source because packages may have
differences with which we are not familiar.

However, in your specific case, you have a sendmail issue as far as I
can tell. I don't think that any incoming list mail is actually
reaching Mailman at all. You might have more success persuing this
with sendmail resources.