[Mailman-Users] Newbie Question: Can`t send mails to my list

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Sun Sep 9 11:03:46 CEST 2007

Dear list,
since a couple of hours I try to get to run an own mailinglist.

I did the following steps:

- I installed as root on my Debian 4.0 mailman with "apt-get install mailman"

- I ran: /usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms and changed permissions at the errors that occured. Meanwhile there is no error anymore.

- I adapted the pathes at the mm_cfg.py-Script and I wrote the -I hope -correct entries in the httpd.conf of Apache

If I run:
http://lists.gforge.geoplp.de/mailman/admin

I come to the administration-area.
As an administrator I can create new mailinglists (e.g. the list "testa" and get a confirmation mail of that.

I can register users at the list that get as well a confirmation.

But then comes the problem: As a user I want to write a mail to that list. But that mail never reaches the mailinglist members.
After a couple of seconds I get a mail-delivery message from my client:

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

testa at lists.gforge.geoplp.de
retry timeout exceeded"

What am I doing wrong? Please help! Thank you kindly in advance, Kai