[Mailman-Users] Adding the list aliases

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Sep 7 13:38:05 CEST 2007

mattias wrote:
> But after i have created a list with newlist Wil the aliases be
> displayed?

I believe so (but it's been a long time since I created a list without
using the nice Postfix integration that handles this automatically, so
I could be wrong).

> And wil all this commands work iven if i install with apt-get
> install in ubuntu Or yum in fedora

I don't know about ubuntu, but in Fedora (and Red Hat), mailman is
installed in different locations than the default Mailman tarball
would install things.  The details of the changes are included in the
file INSTALL.REDHAT, located in /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9.  I
mentioned this in reply to your question on the fedora users list just
yesterday (along with answers and links to the Postfix integration
instructions).

Every side I get up on is the wrong side of bed.
If it weren't so expensive, I'd wish I were dead.
    -- signed Unhappy