[Mailman-Users] Comcast, Yahoo, Hotmail blocking us

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Sep 2 07:38:35 CEST 2007

On 9/1/07, Michael Anderson wrote:

>  So, the question I have is - is there any way to set mailman so that it
>  doesn't send all its copies of a message to yahoo.com for instance all at
>  once? Can you break it up? We have 200 yahoo users which is over their
>  threshold.

Search the FAQ Wizard for "throttle".  In particular, see FAQ 4.51 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.051.htp>.

>  Also, is there a way to find out which major blacklists your server is on
>  and also a way to find the addresses you need to request whitelisting? I
>  have a feeling there is a repository for this that you can search, but I
>  don't know where to find it.

Google for "blacklist checker".  Three of the top five hits are:

	http://www.robtex.com/rbl.html
	http://www.moensted.dk/spam/
	http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx