[Mailman-Users] Comcast, Yahoo, Hotmail blocking us

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Sep 2 00:02:12 CEST 2007

Michael Anderson wrote:

>I can't imagine that sending one message at a time to 1500 users on a real
>busy listserv would be a good idea.. Could it not really be slow?

Well, you asked how to slow it down ...

OTOH, it won't be that slow. If your MTA as as blinding fast as you
say, I imagine that for moderate sized messages, say 10 KB, it would
take well under a minute to deliver to the MTA.

I don't know how many members are on the many lists at python.org, but
many of these lists have personalized and/or VERPed delivery and thus
send an individual message to each subscriber, and it doesn't seem to
be an issue there.