[Mailman-Users] Moderator archive

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 26 00:46:03 CEST 2007

Mikael Hansen wrote:

>I am hesitant to ask this as I should wait until one day when I can
>investigate it myself in more depth, but when the moderator approves
>or rejects, how can the moderator (using the web interface to send)
>receive a copy of the email going to the member? A forward of the
>moderated message does not include the moderator's decision.

Well, if the moderator approves the message, the post itself goes to
the list and the list archive and nothing else goes to the poster.

If the moderator rejects the message, a boiler plate message with the
moderator's reason included is sent to the poster. There's no way for
the moderator to get a copy of the message with the reject reason
unless the moderator is the poster which is how you see samples of
these messages. I.e., send a post to a list you moderate that you know
will be held (say for too big or implicit destination or maybe from a
non-member address) and reject it.

>And is there an archive of such decisions (and invitations etc)
>available to the moderator? I feel I must have overlooked the obvious.

Mailman's 'vette' log logs held posts and moderator actions, but not
messages. Invitations themselves aren't logged, but accepted
invitations are logged in the 'subscribe' log as new subscriptions.