[Mailman-Users] Reporting

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Oct 25 07:47:34 CEST 2007

On 10/24/07, Tom Ray [Lists] wrote:

>  I guess the real question is will it do a history too? I need to figure
>  out past history.

As the author of mmdsr, I'll say that you should be able to feed it
old Mailman log data and have it "just work", but I won't guarantee
that.  If you try this and it doesn't work for you, please let me
know and I'll try to work with you to modify the code so that it does
"just work" when fed old log data.

Keep in mind that there's a good chunk of mmdsr where it goes and
looks at the current status of what is in the various queue
directories, etc... and this obviously won't be relevant for
processing of historical log data.

I should probably add a command-line flag so that you can tell it
whether to just do the summary based on the log data (which should
work regardless of whether the data is historical or current), or to
do the log data summary plus the current condition report.

Let me think about that, and see if I have any time available.