[Mailman-Users] Mailman list-admin-interface : Login failed

kk CHN kkchn.cdac at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:42:09 CEST 2007

Hai everybody ;

 I had a FreeBSD 6.2 server with postfix MTA and mailman s/w running  for
last 6 months ,a couple of days before all my mailing lists down , whenever
I try to login to the admin interface for all  the lists in this box I am
getting an error like this
 Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9 We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs
..

I got the error logs as like this
tail  /usr/local/mailman/logs/error is showing a message  that "ther is not
enough space left on the device ", so I removed some backup files from  /usr
dir and now space is available there in  /usr dir
now i can  /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailamnctl start (stop) successfully(when
ther is not enough space in /usr dir I cant execute this commands ) but now
mailman start/stop working

but still problem in the login session same error again getting
 Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9 We're sorry, we hit a bug! Please inform the
webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of traceback and other
system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find
this information in the Mailman error logs

this is my error log for mailman

tail  /usr/local/mailman/logs/error is showing these only

admin(15742):   SCRIPT_URL: /mailman/admin/listxxxxx
admin(15742):   REQUEST_URI: /mailman/admin/listxxxx
admin(15742):   HTTP_ACCEPT:
text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=
0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
admin(15742):   GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
admin(15742):   REMOTE_PORT: 39221
admin(15742):   HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: ta,en-us;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
admin(15742):   CONTENT_TYPE: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
admin(15742):   HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip,deflate
admin(15742):   UNIQUE_ID: W51T4suB-7YAADz9WIoAAALT
admin(15742):   PATH_INFO: /listxxxxx

lots of experts here , I request all of you to suggest your tips to  solve
this issue
that may help me lot

Thanks in advance
kk