[Mailman-Users] Web host has hourly mailout limits

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 18 15:23:09 CEST 2007

All,

In spite of previous assurances to the contrary, my web host
(webserve.ca) has just told me that they have a maximum 500 per hour
mail generation rate, and that there's "nothing they can do" to change
that (which I presume is rubbish). I have questioned them about
alternatives, and they have become resolutely non-responsive. I host
several email lists on my server, one of which is a legitimate farmers'
market email list that is almost at 500.

Is there a way to get GNU mailman to batch or parcel mailouts to comply
with this policy? I ran into this problem before, and it seemed that
Mailman simply gave up on the whole mailout, archived the mail, and
moved on. GNU Mailman in the webserve.ca plan that I have is managed by
Cpanel.

Thanks,

- Henrik

--