[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 12 20:35:58 CEST 2007

Jason Pruim wrote:

>Just a quick question... To support virtual domains in mailman do you
>need to have virtual domain support in your mail server? I think I
>know the answer, but after some googling, I couldn't find a
>definitive answer I could understand :)

If you have list1 at domain1 and list2 at domain2, your mail server has to be
able to deliver mail to both addresses to Mailman. Whether or not this
requires "virtual domain support" in your mail server, depends on
things like whether or not there is non-list mail for domain1 and
domain2 and how that mail needs to be handled.

This is really an MTA specific question, but I imagine in a simple
case, an MTA could use some kind of domain-independent aliases to
deliver to Mailman.