[Mailman-Users] identifying and disabling monthly reminders

Juan Miscaro scry_mr at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 12 14:31:07 CEST 2007

--- Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Juan Miscaro wrote:
> >
> >--- Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> You could use bin/withlist -a with a small script along the lines
> of
> >>
> >> def show_reminders(mlist):
> >>     if mlist.send_reminders:
> >>         print mlist.real_name
> >>
> >> See bin/withlist -h for more information.
> >

> >Thank you but I need more guidance.  I figure that is a python
> snippet.
> > I put a shebang line pointing to my interpreter and ran the
> following
> >command but the thing bombed:
> >
> >./bin/withlist -a -r identify_reminder_lists.py
>

> Save the above 3-line script as bin/show_reminders.py (or if you'd
> rather save it as bin/identify_reminder_lists.py, change the def to
>
> def identify_reminder_lists(mlist):
> )
>
> Then run it via
>
> bin/withlist -a -r show_reminders

The thing is still not working.

$ ./withlist -a -r show_reminders
Importing show_reminders...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./withlist", line 297, in ?
    main()
  File "./withlist", line 266, in main
    mod = __import__(module)
ImportError: No module named show_reminders

$ cat show_reminders
def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
        print mlist.real_name

$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders
-rwxr-xr-x  1 _mailman  _mailman    86B Oct 12 08:15
/usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders

// juan