[Mailman-Users] Automatic subscribtions

Frédéric Mantegazza frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Thu Oct 11 19:27:50 CEST 2007

On vendredi 05 octobre 2007, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> However, it is probably simpler to creat som SQL query which will write
> a membership list to a flat file and then use Mailman's bin/sync_members
> to update the Mailman list membership.

Using sync_members on a file containing names and addresses, I get :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/sync_members", line 286, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/sync_members", line 259, in main
    s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 3:
ordinal not in range(128)

Is this script able to handle non-ascii chars?

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org