[Mailman-Users] Message.OutgoingMessage ???

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 3 17:09:47 CEST 2007

Wolodja Wentland wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 17:11 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> You could try something like
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> for list in `bin/list_lists --bare`
>> do echo $list:
>> bin/dumpdb lists/${list}/config.pck | grep requests
>> done
>
>Ok. I've done that and got this output:
>
>--- snip ---
>[ ... ]
>some_list:
>    'autorespond_requests': 0,
>    'requests': {   'post': [   (   4,

This was a held post or posts, presumably from a very long time ago. If
you look at the full output from the dumpdb of this list's config.pck,
you'll see what's there.

>    'respond_to_post_requests': 1,
>[ ... ]
>--- snip ---
>
>all the other lists look like this:
>
>--- snip ---
>other_list:
>    'autorespond_requests': 0,
>    'respond_to_post_requests': 1,
>--- snip ---
>

>The question now is: How to proceed? I tried searching the mailing list,
>but did not really found any references to this problem.

Do the following:

$ bin/withlist -i
No list name supplied.
Python 2.5.1 ...
(InteractiveConsole)
>>> import cPickle
>>> fp = open('lists/some-list/config.pck', 'r+')
>>> d = cPickle.load(fp)
>>> del d['requests']
>>> fp.seek(0)
>>> cPickle.dump(d, fp, 1)
>>> fp.close()

(You enter control-D (^D) on the last line to exit.

You can then run bin/update to finish the upgrade.

Note: that you can't use withlist in the normal way to fix this list
because any attempt to load the list as a MailList object will fail
with the original error.

>I still think that the aforementioned code should be changed to some
>sane default, as it seems to me that any call to the mentioned method
>will fail with the very same error.

You are correct of course, and I will fix it.