[Mailman-Users] Help with SpamAssassin

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Oct 2 00:31:04 CEST 2007

On 10/1/07, J.R. Constance wrote:

>  I have been attempting, unsuccessfully, to configure SpamAssassin to
>  work with my Mailman installation using the "Add
>  "Global_Pipeline.inster(1,'SpamAssassin')" method (from FAQ 4.23). I
>  am hoping that someone who has been successful at implementing this
>  will be able to help me out.

That's not really the recommended way to perform anti-spam filtering
on your system.  All anti-spam/anti-virus filtering really should be
integrated into your MTA and done before you tell the other end "250
Okay" at the end of the SMTP dialog.

Otherwise you're accepting spam and taking the serious risk that
you'll generate a backscatter bounce to a forged address.

See FAQ 6.12 for one take on this type of solution.  And don't ignore
FAQ 4.64, either.