[Mailman-Users] Backup and restore

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 30 21:48:41 CET 2007

rich at edj.net wrote:

>I need to backup the settings from one mailing list on one domain and
>restore those settings on another domain(same server.) How does one
>achieve that?

I'm not sure what you really want to do.

If you just want to move the list from one domain to another, assuming
this is standard Mailman and not something like cPanel with 'true
virtual domains', just run fix_url on the list to change the domain,
and depending on how your MTA handles virtual domains, you may need to
change something there too.

To actually backup and restore settings, use 'bin/config_list -o <file>
<listname>' to write the configuration to <file> and then
'bin/config_list -i <file> <otherlist> to apply them to another list,
but you may want to remove some of the settings (e.g. real_name) from
<file> before applying it to <otherlist>.