[Mailman-Users] another question about invitation confirmation subject line/VERP

Wed Nov 28 01:08:46 CET 2007

On 11/27/2007, Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net) wrote:
>> On 11/27/2007, Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net) wrote:
>>> Yes, one would think that, but you do need to set
>>>
>>> recipient_delimiter = +
>>>
>>> in main.cf, even though the Postfix document doesn't get to
>>> that until much later.

>> No, you don't - this is the default... you only need to explicitly
>> set it if you want to change it.

> Quoting from <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html>, aka 'man 5
> postconf'
>
>   recipient_delimiter (default: empty)

Odd... in the default main.cf that was installed on my box, it was
already set to + but commented out - which, for postfix, means it is the
default... and I was almost positive that I recall someone on the
postfix telling me this explicitly, but...

I see that a postconf -d shows you to be correct...

Apologies for the noise...

--

Best regards,

Charles