[Mailman-Users] extracting addresses without a mailman installation?

Cheryl Trooskin-Zoller cheryltrooskinzoller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:58:30 CET 2007

On 11/21/07, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
> So, why not install Mailman on another machine, restore the
> appropriate bits of the /usr/local/mailman directory, and then run
> the appropriate command-line tools?  Or, for that matter, why not
> just restore the entire /usr/local/mailman directory structure, then
> re-install a new copy of Mailman on top of that (in case there are
> architectural differences, etc... between the two machines), and then
> get back into operation pretty much immediately?

We do not have shell access to machine that's filling in for the interim.

As soon as I'm not three thousand miles away from everything, I'll be
able to rebuild the system and we'll do exactly as you suggest -- but
that's a week from now.  I'm looking for a solution that will tide us
over for the week.

sev