[Mailman-Users] Unable to post to list (Mailman+Exim)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 21 16:38:49 CET 2007

Kapil Karekar wrote:

>I have done the Exim router setup as per the documentation at:
>
>http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#roconf
>
>My router config viz. 101_exim4-config_mailman is as given below:
>
>mailman_router:
>   driver = accept
>   domains = +mm_domains
>   require_files = MM_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
>   local_part_suffix_optional
>   local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
>                       -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
>                       -owner : -request : -admin
>   transport = mailman_transport
>
>Still it does not work.

The above is not a complete router definition. It is missing the
'-subscribe' and '-unsubscribe' suffixes. It is not the one at
<http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#roconf>. It looks like the
one in the Mailman configuration manual which is wrong. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp>.

Still, even the above should work if you have the appropriate macro
definitions and mailman_transport definition in your exim config.

I suggest you go back to <http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html> and
follow all the suggestions in the

 # Main configuration settings
 # Exim Router