[Mailman-Users] move a mailman instance to a new server (and newversion)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 20 17:07:04 CET 2007

Manlio Perillo wrote:

>I need to move a Mailman instance to a new server, and from a 2.1.5-8
>(Debian Sarge) to 2.1.9-8 (Ubuntu Gutsy).

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.004.htp>.

>In /var/lib there are a lot of pickle serialized data.

Directly in /var/lib/ as in /var/lib/*.pck or in some subdirectories?

Are they current? Are they group owned by 'mailman'?

Without more information such as directory, filename and/or results of
bin/dumpdb, I don't have any idea what these might be.