[Mailman-Users] Removing admin email addresses

Jonathan Dill jonathan at nerds.net
Tue Nov 20 06:11:55 CET 2007

Spyro Polymiadis wrote:
> Which method would be best suited for that scenario?
> Also, is any of the script destructive to the lists themselves? Ie, if it didn't run right or something it wouldn't affect the list accepting emails to it, or blowing away the rest of the list config?

That's why I would first do a "config_list -o" to "benchmark" the
configs for ALL of the lists before you make any changes, "just in
case".  Use a for / do loop in shell, dump the list config to
listname.cfg for e.g. for each list.  Looks like you shouldn't need to
load the entire config but just the changes, not sure if that was the
case or not 5+ yrs ago when I was doing it or if what I did was overkill.

Jonathan