[Mailman-Users] Unintended multiple daily digest messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Nov 15 07:23:05 CET 2007

Sate Hamza wrote:

>One user has informed me that the Daily Digest message was dispatched by
>Mailman six times yesterday, instead of only one. Any ideas why this
>happened, and how I can prevent it from happening again?

If this was six different digests, set Digest
0ptions->digest_size_threshhold to a much bigger number (at least 6
times its current value, but probably bigger than that).

If this was six copies of the same digest, the duplication probably
didn't occur in Mailman but rather between the outgoing MTA and
recipient - check the Received: headers in the 'duplicate' messages
and the MTA logs for more clues.