[Mailman-Users] How to Re-write the "To" field.

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Nov 14 07:30:24 CET 2007

On 11/13/07, Phil Race wrote:

>  So I would like to be able to make the To: field be something of
>  my choosing but it seems I've just reached beyond the limits of
>  the configurability/scope of mailman.

Yup.  There's absolutely nothing that Mailman can do to help you
here, at least not without making source level modifications to the
code.

This is something that would most easily be fixed on your end within
the MTA, to cause those headers to be re-written.  Removing and
rewriting message headers is something that MTAs do as a standard
part of their job, and they should have better tools for doing that
than we have.