[Mailman-Users] HTML Email Newsletter Problem on 2.1.9

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Nov 11 00:20:39 CET 2007

Tom Noise wrote:

>Thanks again. The problem was a simple text footer that I added. I took it
>out and now it seems to be working. Why would that be though? In earlier
>versions I had left the default footer in without trying to customize it and
>it never affected anything.

If by earlier versions you mean 2.0.x, the way footers are added
changed significantly in 2.1. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>
for more on this.

However, the addition of the list footer should just cause your
original text/html message to become a multipart/mixed message
containing the original message as a text/html subpart followed by a
text/plain subpart containing the footer. If this is enough to cause
your MUA to not render the HTML properly, I'd say you need to try a
different MUA.