[Mailman-Users] Mix two separated mailinglists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 9 22:08:27 CET 2007

Roberto Andradas Izquierdo wrote:

>I'm looking for a method to mix two mailing lists, specifically I have
>an old mailing lists with the name 'vulcano-forge' and i would like to
>join this old list with the new mailing list named 'ezforge-public'.

It is not clear to me exactly what you want to do, but if you are
trying to add the members of the 'vulcano-forge' to the
'ezforge-public', you can do this easily with Mailman's command line
tools, but you can't preserve user options easily except for
regular/digest.

You would use bin/list_members to make separate lists of the regular
and digest members of 'vulcano-forge' and then use bin/add_members to
add them to 'ezforge-public'.

If you don't have command line access, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.062.htp>
for other ways to get a member list. You can then use the admin Mass
Subscription page to add them to 'ezforge-public'.