[Mailman-Users] where do I edit English messages?

zbigniew szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:59:29 CET 2007

Hello,

In order to handle some phrases better in Polish, I edited
/usr/local/mailman/messages/pl/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po followed by

msgfmt -o mailman.mo mailman.po

Then I wanted to do the same for the English language as I find some phrases overly complicated for the current web users.

However, I do not see the English language anywhere in
/usr/local/mailman/messages/

Where do I edit it?

I would like to edit this string:

-----
Your confirmation is required in order to complete the subscription
request to the mailing list /advent/. Your subscription settings are
shown below; make any necessary changes and hit /Subscribe/ to complete
the confirmation process. Once you've confirmed your subscription
request, you will be shown your account options page which you can use
to further customize your membership options.

Note: your password will be emailed to you once your subscription is
confirmed. You can change it by visiting your personal options page.

Or hit /Cancel my subscription request/ if you no longer want to
subscribe to this list.

-----

Thank you very much!

Zbigniew Szalbot