[Mailman-Users] integrating mailman members list with another database

David Beaumont david at johmar.com
Mon Nov 5 00:54:57 CET 2007

Thnanks for very prompt response.  I can obtain the list of members although
I do not have server shell access, I can do it by email commands so that is
no problem.  I don't understand though how you use that.

I should add our mailman list is on a suppliers server.  We have our own
website on a different suppliers server.  that website has a members only
section where members have to login.

Are you allowing only members of your list by making the only route to
subscribing your own web site after logging in to your own web site?  Thats
seems a great idea, we could do that and then we wouldn't need to run the
mailman subscribers list at all let alone once an hour.  We would need to
manuslly check all existing subscribers but only the once.

I assume we would just edit the HTML of the standard mailman subscribe page
to tell them to login to our site instead.  One question though is there a
simple way to prevent non members subscribing by just guessing the subscribe
email address? Oh one more when our members leave they will still stay as
subscribers to the mailman list.

thnaks

David