[Mailman-Users] odd empty bounce message generated upon posting to a mailing list

Jon Pauli fatal.exception at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:29:05 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have been looking around in the docs and have not seen anything that
matches my issue.

I have a couple of mailing lists and every time anyone- member or
non-member posts, everything works fine but the list owner gets

1)An uncaught bounce notification containing an empty attachment
called ForwardedMessage.eml. Thunderbird is the MUA so I'm guessing it
is responsible for determining how to interpret the attachment, but
even if I save it as a text file it is a 2 byte long file with no
visible characters in it...I didn't take a hex editor to it. I
understand why listowner gets these, I'm just not sure how it can work
with a 2 byte file and no headers ;)

2. An email where no subject and no sender appear in the MUA. The
headers are as follows: